Configure EdgeRouter X
This guide will walk you through configuring a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X.
- ERX Router and power cable
- Ethernet cable
- USB Ethernet adapter (if computer doesn't have ethernet port)
Wire up ERX
- Plug the ERX into its power cable, and plug the power cable into an outlet.
- Connect the
eth0port of the ERX to your computer with an Ethernet cable, using the USB Ethernet adapter if you don't have an Ethernet port.
Configure your network settings
Follow the instructions here: Setting a static IP for your computer
- Download the ERX config file
- Navigate to the portal at https://192.168.1.1 in your browser
- Log into the portal with username
- On the
Use wizard?prompt, press no.
- Press the
Systemtab on the bottom of the page.
- Under the
Restore Configsection, press
Upload a fileand select the ERX config file you downloaded.
- The ERX will reboot using the new configuration.
- That's it! If you need to do more configuration, you can log back into the portal using the username
pcwadmin, and a password that you can get from the project maintainers.